partitioning scheme, where does it need work?

I'm sure everyone knows that d-i doesn't build right now:

"Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
choose-mirror: Depends: libdeconf0.3 but it is not installable
dhcp-client-udeb: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.5-13) but 2.2.5-10 is to be
installed                          ethdetect: Depends:
libdebian-installer but it is not installable
Depends: libdeconf0.3 but it is not installable
Depends: libdiscover1 but it is not installable
main-menu: Depends: libdeconf0.3 but it is not installable
netcfg-dhcp: Depends: libdebian-installer but it is not installable
Depends: libdeconf0.3 but it is not installable
netcfg-static: Depends: libdebian-installer but it is not installable
Depends: libdeconf0.3 but it is not installable
wget-retriever: Depends: libdeconf0.3 but it is not installable
E: Sorry, broken packages
"

so I'm having a hard time figuring out what is actually being used and
what the flow is.

Tollef mentioned in his last status email that some work needs to be
done on mounting the newly created partitions in /target. Autopartkit
seems to already do this.

Since autopartkit and partkit are both being used, I'm guessing that
the user will have the choice to "automatically partition" or
"manually partition" their drive. My question is, when doing the
manual partition, where does the mounting come about? What I mean is,
who gets called after partkit?

I guess that the way to figure this out is to look at the dependency
information and the menu order in the control files? Hmmm...

So should partkit go ahead and mount the created partitions before it
exits?

thanks

  michael

--
michael cardenas | lead software engineer | lindows.com | hyperpoem.net

"We, the men of the mind, are now on strike against you in the name of a single axiom, which is the root of our moral code, just as the root of yours is the wish to escape it: the axiom that existence exists."
- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged