Re: Severe limitation with flavor "bf2.4" !

#include <hallo.h>
Raphael Hertzog wrote on Fri May 17, 2002 um 01:45:31PM:

> We really shouldn't mix the kernel we use for CD based install
> and floppy based install...

It's too late for such ideas, sorry.

> when we boot on a CD, we have access to all the modules and we don't
> need to integrate it in the kernel.

Even then, you have to load the modules, which is less comfortable than
having them ready.

> That's what I expect when I boot a CD. Now, using modconf with a bf2.4
> kernel makes you think that some modules are missing when they are not.

Only if you did not read the message box appearing right before modconf
-> user error.

> term, we should avoid to create such "strangeness" for CD based installation
> just because of possible floppy based installs. Better create a separate
> set/flavor for floppy installs ...

It is still boot-floppies, not boot-cd.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
"Linux is like a wigwam, no windows no gates and a apache inside."