Re: Why is there a prompt for a root shell when the default linux kernel boots?

#include <hallo.h>
Luca Filipozzi wrote on Tue Apr 30, 2002 um 02:01:57PM:

> > a look at the  dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current  directory in the
> > Debian archives.
>
> And the stock kernel images available in woody include 2.4 kernels.
> These, also, have an initrd that offers a root shell, I believe.

bf2.4 was _especially_ designed to be non-modular, working without
initrd. Other (big) kernel-image-2.4.x packages use initrd.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
!netgod:*! time flies when youre using linux
!doogie:*! yeah, infinite loops in 5 seconds.