Re: Why is there a prompt for a root shell when the default linux kernel boots?

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:

> 	Now that I think of it this might be an issue with self-installed
> kernels. I'm going to document this behavior in the Manual, commit the
> changes and close the bug. Of course, woody does *not* install 2.4 kernels
> IIRC.

That might be the default behaviour on an i386-compatible but on sparc
(and probably all non-i386 archs) a 2.4 kernel is installed by the
woody-install.
IIRC even on an i386 a 2.4 kernel can be installed by woody through the
bf2.4-flavour.

regards,
Thomas
--

	- Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have