Re: creating disk sets for each language

Giuseppe Sacco <eppesuigoccas@libero.it> cum veritate scripsit:

> It seems to me that in order to produce a disk set in language X you
> may:
> 1. create a multi language disk that have english as default. And you
>    will have the first screen and all the fN keys help in english.
> 2. create a disk in one language without language chooser and without
>    utf8.

Hmm.. Well, my sentiment was that 2 has been deprecated, and
1 is the way to go.

> I tried to create a i386 italian with language chooser but I got an
> error from makefile stating that I had to choose LINGUA=C in order
> to have language chooser.

Hmm.. what did you do, exactly ?

> I also tried to build and i386 disk set without language chooser and
> italian language but I had to download in /archive/debian/.../ the
> newest libnewt and whiptail without utf8 support. Otherwise I got an
> error compiling.

Without language chooser, non-utf8 ones need to exist, yes.

> I still have to look at what happens using languages that need utf8. If
> you have some hints, please tell me or, better, modify my patch.

The languages that need utf8 will have problems with non-utf8.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4