Re: creating disk sets for each language

Il Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 11:57:37PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa ha scritto:
> Giuseppe Sacco <eppesuigoccas@libero.it> cum veritate scripsit:
>
> > Basically, the patch will clean the environment, build the documentation
> > and then build a complete set of disks for a particular language, disabling
> > LANGUAGE_CHOOSER and all the utf8 stuff.
> >
> > The ouput is then moved in release-$(LINGUA)
>
> What do you mean exactly ? I don't get it.
> Why do you want to disable utf8 stuff and LANGUAGE_CHOOSER?

It seems to me that in order to produce a disk set in language X you
may:
1. create a multi language disk that have english as default. And you
   will have the first screen and all the fN keys help in english.
2. create a disk in one language without language chooser and without
   utf8.

I tried to create a i386 italian with language chooser but I got an
error from makefile stating that I had to choose LINGUA=C in order
to have language chooser.

I also tried to build and i386 disk set without language chooser and
italian language but I had to download in /archive/debian/.../ the
newest libnewt and whiptail without utf8 support. Otherwise I got an
error compiling.

I still have to look at what happens using languages that need utf8. If
you have some hints, please tell me or, better, modify my patch.

If everyone agree I may apply the patch and commit to CVS, so everyone
may work on it. BTW, the patch isn't dangerous. It just add a new rule to
the Makefile.

Ciao,
Giuseppe