Debian GNU/Linux installation prob

Hi,
I have been attempted to install Debian on my computer as a dual boot OS with Windows. After having carefully followed the installation instructions and installing the necessary modules, I logged in a root and attempted to run -startx, however I continuall recieved an error message about the system being unable to finf the config file for XFREE86 or something. This has occured after every attempted installation, even after removing Windows and deleting all partions. I have been attempting to install Debian GNU/Linux 2.2r2.
Any help.... ANY AT ALL.... would be very greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Ben