Debian GNU/Linux installation prob

 Hi,
 I have been attempted to install Debian on my computer as a dual boot OS =
 with Windows. After having carefully followed the installation =
 instructions and installing the necessary modules, I logged in a root =
 and attempted to run -startx, however I continuall recieved an error =
 message about the system being unable to finf the config file for =
 XFREE86 or something. This has occured after every attempted =
 installation, even after removing Windows and deleting all partions. I =
 have been attempting to install Debian GNU/Linux 2.2r2.
 Any help.... ANY AT ALL.... would be very greatly appreciated.
 Thank you,
 Ben