Re: isolinux test image, debian-cd changes available

On Sunday 07 April 2002 18:58, Jim Westveer wrote:
> On Sunday 07 April 2002 17:46, Chris Lawrence wrote:
> > On Apr 08, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> > >  - BUG! You use root.bin for all images, but the root images are
> > >    different. Currently, only vanilla is installable with your disk.
> >
> > Yeah.  This is now fixed; Phil Hands was kind enough to help me debug
> > this stuff with trashable partition.  The problem was that there are
> > different root.bins, and the "flavor" argument wasn't being passed on
> > the kernel command line.

- --
I tried both the vanilla and the bf24 again.

The vanilla worked well, and I was able to install
a complete system.

The bf2.4 worked up untill the reboot, where the
system trys to run the "base-config".  That failed
/usr/sbin/base-config  cat:: command not found.

And sure enough the  cat  command is missing.

It does not seem that  ISOBOOT would be the problem
it may be simply missing from the bf package.

Just some feedback....

- --
Jim Westveer
I wish there was a button on my monitor for intelligence.
There's a button called `brightness', but it doesn't work.
E-Mail: jwest@lcs.issaquah.wa.us      jwest@debian.org
work :  425-591-3002                  KC7JYJ
pgp-key 0x36129171                    gpg-key 0x9823336C
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)