Re: documentation build problem

On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 10:25:37PM -0600, Ardo van Rangelrooij wrote:
[...]
> > But changing this now give them very few time to implement it :(
> > You could at least add an option to debiandoc2html to disable these links,
>
> That's what the wislist is about.  Will be implemented for woody.

Thanks a lot, I did read this wishlist bug only after sending this mail.

> > I guess many people will be annoyed by them.
> >
> > Moreover, have a look at http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/
> > There are only 2 links:
> >   <link rel="next" href="about.html">
> >   <link rel="contents" href="cover.html#minitoc">
> > because it does not make sense to make all these links available.
>
> Well, apparently the people to wrote the standard thought otherwise...

I disagree.  From
         http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/links.html#edef-LINK

     This example illustrates how several LINK definitions may appear in
     the HEAD section of a document. The current document is
     "Chapter2.html". The rel attribute specifies the relationship of the
     linked document with the current document. The values "Index", "Next",
     and "Prev" are explained in the section on link types.
        "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd";>
  <HTML>
  <HEAD>
  <TITLE>Chapter 2</TITLE>
  <LINK rel="Index" href="../index.html">
  <LINK rel="Next"  href="Chapter3.html">
  <LINK rel="Prev"  href="Chapter1.html">
  </HEAD>

I can't see in HTML specs what makes you think that all documents should
be linked from every page.

Denis