Re: [ppc] new-powermac kernel lacks iso9660 filesystem?

On Thu, 2002-03-28 at 22:34, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-03-28 at 02:25, Chris Lawrence wrote:
> > I have a report from a user (David Stanaway, CC'd) that he had a bit
> > of trouble with the new-powermac flavor because the included kernel in
> > the 3.0.19 boot-floppies lacked the iso9660 filesystem.

I got around this by creating a hfs(standard) partition and putting the
contents of disks-powerpc onto it.

I had to delete my existing MacOSX install to alow that though.

Also, on OS9, the filenames on the ISO filestem were all munged as it
doesn't know know about RockRidge TRANS.TBL files, so I needed to rename
the files to the correct case.

Another note.

The documents for partitioning on ppc with mac-fdisk should emphasise
that the partition name for swap partitions be "swap" for the debian
installer to recognise it as being  for swap.

Cheers.

David Stanaway