Boot-Floppies and language-chooser

Hallo everybody,

I have been experimenting with the language-chooser (multi-language
support for boot-floppies) on mipsel. In principle, it works, although
there are some caveats:
- While the single-language-version works fine on a 16MB-DECstation, the
  multi-language-version is effectively unusable on it due to massive
  swapping. This is because the initrd created with USE_LANGUAGE_CHOOSER
  enabled is about 3MB bigger on mipsel than without. I will try to see
  whether we can save some memory, but as it is now, it is of no use on
  16MB-machines.
- dbootstrap shows a strange colormap after changing the consoles. This
  does not happen in single-language-mode. Does this happen on other
  architectures as well or is this a mipsel-specific problem?

As many DECstations only have little memory (16MB is rather common),
I am reluctant to turn USE_LANGUAGE_CHOOSER on. I would be grateful
for any opinions on this. Should we provide both versions?

Is base-config localized? Although I had chosen German in dbootstrap,
after reboot base-config was in English.

Regards,
Karsten
--
#include <standard_disclaimer>