Re: Still some problems with CLEAR in bterm and dbootstrap

Thomas, thanks for your testing. Unfortunally, I have no free partition on
my small laptop to do this kind of testing. Please report any too long text
problem...

David, thanks for CCing me, I don't read mails without explicit reference to
french or at least translating in the title on the mailing list, sorry about
that.

These are only about the CLEAR problem (ie, not a translation error).

> > http://diablero.free.fr/debian/08-choix_clavier_error.html
> > http://diablero.free.fr/debian/09-partition.html
> > http://diablero.free.fr/debian/10-partition_choix.html
> > http://diablero.free.fr/debian/11-avertissement-lilo.html
> > http://diablero.free.fr/debian/23-swap_cluster.html
> > http://diablero.free.fr/debian/24-swap_format.html
> > http://diablero.free.fr/debian/25-initialiser-linux.html
> > http://diablero.free.fr/debian/26-linux-badblocks.html
> > http://diablero.free.fr/debian/27-linux-format.html
> > http://diablero.free.fr/debian/37-progress-download.html

The title is too long for the next one, but this is fixed in CVS.

> > http://diablero.free.fr/debian/43-progress-install.html
>
> I looked through most of these, they all look like the same
> problem, bad clearing, a hack might be to throw in some extra clears.
> We need a new bug openned.
>
> > Here are problems caused by texts too long:
> >
> > http://diablero.free.fr/debian/36-choix-mirror.html
> > http://diablero.free.fr/debian/42-choix-serveur.html
> these two are fixed in cvs.
>
> > http://diablero.free.fr/debian/44-choix-lilo.html
> >
> I had assigned this one to newt, but I just reassigned it back to
> boot-floppies. We should just make these messages shorter.  There is
> really enough information in the main part of the dialog box that we
> don't need to put so much in the choices.

I applied the given patch. It would be really good to add the TRANS note
"keep it short" to all messages where it applies...

Bye, Mt.

--
Si les grands esprits se rencontrent, les petits esprits, eux, se cognent.