Debian potato ppc was ready?

Hi all,
Ovnibus is a medical application project using debian.
I am testing debian in different architectures and my comments are about
ppc-potato. I choose it because it would have to be "stable" and more or
less reliable. If there would not be the case debian project would have to
declare some software of this distribution in an alpha stage.
First, it would be clearer for all new users if there are not
included all software not running as in pc. I found in iMac special
documentation in the powerpc page that some things work easier in the
console without X. Please see the XF86Config-ppc HOWTO.   It is not an
XF86Config executable allowing to customize the X server.You will find all
pc's choices as microsoft mouses and so on.If you can't configure keyboard
(in other languages you can have problems with xdm prompt)  or a mouse it
could be difficultier to use more "complicated" things as pppd, usage of a
printer an d so on...
 I haven't tested more software but clearly there is not a single
documentation page about this matters.
Second, I have began last week to work about it in an iMac.In fact yaboot
routines are not included in installation procedures so you have to ask for
help in the ppc list.  Only the yaboot mantainer in the penguin website gave
me information and I had to download the last version to boot correctly. It
is for something that is really "standard".
It seems that dboostraps and all the installation routines are
the same as pc's. You can find also .EXE files in the installation archives
of some debian potato's CDs.
In conclusion debian-ppc potato, one of the lasts debian distributions, was
not ready to use and has not to be in debian ftp sites.
Till this basical problems will find a solution,I decided to recommend
installations of debian only for i386 pcs for health care applications and
usages.
I hope you will see this matters and do something about it if you find my
email justified.
Please send all your comments to the ppc list.
Thank you,

--
Renato Barrios MD
OVNIBUS, a medical debian applications project