Re: Missing filesystems for 2.4 kernel on testing cds

[ Dropping Brian from the CCs as he is likely not interested ]

On Mon, 2002-03-11 at 12:23, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> I have done this, using a previous version of the netinst CDs, and it worked
> fine.  I didn't use NFS, but I was able to install the kernel and such from
> the CD.
>
> I'm pretty sure that I even posted a report to debian-boot at the time.

Er...ah, yes, I see it.  But you were using a pre-3.0.19 version of b-f,
no?  If so, that means you likely weren't using the new-powermac
installer and/or the modifications I made to debian-cd to support it;
this is what needed testing, and Brian was the first person to confirm
it worked.

This would explain why you were able to install from the CD, since you
were using the powermac (not new-powermac) kernel.