Re: non-i18n'd arches

On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 09:21:14PM +0000, Philip Blundell wrote:
> The only requirements I can think of are:
>
>  - framebuffer support in your kernel (should be no problem for m68k)

Quite a problem for the various m68k vme boards, which are all serial
console only (mvme16x, bvme6000, mvme147 subarchs).

Also on hppa we have some machines that have the equivalent of vga
console, but no frame buffer support yet.

ia64 and hppa support serial as well as 'vga' installs.

So, for vme, there will be no frame buffer support in the kernel.  Does
having lang chooser turned on then present a problem, or will it just
drop back to something sensible?

For ia64 and hppa, there will be frame buffer support in the kernel, but
(for hppa, anyway) it might not support the particular h/w.  Also the
install might be done via serial console.  Will lang chooser drop back
to something sensible in those cases too?

Cheers,
  Richard