Re: Notes about boot-floppies, slang, and newt

Eduard Bloch <edi@gmx.de> cum veritate scripsit:

> > There is some confusion regarding the outcome of
> > slang/newt reorganization, and the resulting boot-floppies
> > change.
>
> I just wanted to know what happens in a theoritcal case, if someone
> builds the LC version but with a different lingua then C. IMHO in this
> case, she would have trouble with latin1 chars.

Well, use utf-8, is probably the most simple answer
In fact, I have an impression that -utf8 libs will work
with any locale, but I might be wrong. It uses
the locale-charset conversion routines...

> > I have also located a problem with whiptail-utf8, which was
> > missing a call to setlocale, so that we have a whiptail-utf8
> > that can actually process utf8 strings.
> > Therefore, it should now be possible to create modconf-utf8,
> > if one desires, and gets through some other necessary hoops.
>
> Modconf does already come with recoded strings for .UTF-8 locale, and
> they is shown almost correctly using "dialog". I just tried - it does
> finaly work as expected.

Good.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4