Report for fresh install with bf 3.0.19-2002-02-07/images-1.44/idepci

I did a network install with bf 3.0.19-2002-02-07/images-1.44/idepci

I have a Duron 700/256 Mo Ram/ 1 HD : 40 Gig IDE (hda)/ 1 DVD-ROM IDE
(hdc). I did a install with french language.

Here is my report :

* before doing mke2fs, the screen must be cleared, because the output of
mke2fs is printed on the previous screen.

* after mounting /, the screen is not cleared after each step. It got
cleared after the download of rescue.bin (network install).

* When downloading packages, the screen was still printing a piece of
the previous box.

After rebooting :
* messages were in english (I know people are working on it).

* I got a lot of warning message from perl about the missing locale. It
was fr_CH (?!?).

* The fisrt dialog message about locales has only two choices : "C" and
"None".

/* taskel selection : XWindow, desktop, and french environnement */

* During the installation of packages, I got a error from libpaper, but
it has been fixed.

* I launched startx, and I got a error message from gnome about the
missing WM. In fact, sawfish was not installed and gnome tried to launch
it.

And last remark, in console mode, output was very lagguy (FB, VGA16).

I didn't do any bug report in the BTS.

--
Thomas Poindessous
thomas@poindessous.com