Re: Report for fresh install with bf 3.0.19-2002-02-07/images-1.44/idepci

le lun 25-02-2002 à 00:28, Thomas Poindessous a écrit :
> I did a network install with bf 3.0.19-2002-02-07/images-1.44/idepci
>
> I have a Duron 700/256 Mo Ram/ 1 HD : 40 Gig IDE (hda)/ 1 DVD-ROM IDE
> (hdc). I did a install with french language.
>
> Here is my report :
>
> * before doing mke2fs, the screen must be cleared, because the output of
> mke2fs is printed on the previous screen.

I looked in the sources of dboostrap and there is a printf(CLEAR);
I re-tried a install with video=vga16:off and there was a clear between
each screen and before lauching mke2fs.

I re-tried with all others langages (all but ja), and all other were
better, but the screen was not completly cleared.
The main difference between french translation and others langages is
french translation take all the width of the screen.

And I want to know something :
just before the first screen, I got a white (grey) screen which is, I
think, the 24 printf("\n") I saw in boxes.c
And when mke2fs is launched, it was printed black text on white (grey)
background. But after the end of each line, background was blue (like
the previous screen).

I hope I'm understandable.

Last thing, my video card is :
nVidia Corporation NV11 (GeForce2 MX) (rev a1)

Tomorrow, I will test the examples of libnewt-dev with the bf kernel and
bf2.4

--
Thomas Poindessous
thomas@poindessous.com