Re: bf2.4 dbootstrap white screen of death

#include <hallo.h>
Mark Zimmerman wrote on Fri Feb 08, 2002 um 07:46:33PM:
> options (comma should be space). So, I tried:
>
> linux floppy=thinkpad video=vga16:off

Correct.

> init started: BusyBox ...(etc)
>
> VT2 repeatedly asks me to press Enter to activate this console but will
> not give me a shell.

You mean it does exit immediately?

> VT3 shows that dbootstrap is repeatedly starting and exiting.

Could you try my CVS boot floppies from people.debian.org/~blade/bf2.4 ?
The problem you describe sound like the old newt-utf8 breakage, but I
cannot reproduce it.

> I also tried (finally++) so see if I could get going with a serial
> console (console=ttyS0,9600). When I tried that, I got nothing on the
> screen and nothing out the serial port either. Same with ttyS1.

Well, who can reproduce this problem too? All this sounds very
mysterious to me, maybe caused by broken hardware or so.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Wer Freiheit aufgibt, um Sicherheit zu bekommen, verdient keins der
beiden und bekommt meist auch keins.