bf2.4 dbootstrap white screen of death

Greetings:

I tried out a new installation on an IBM Thinkpad 560X with the bf2.4
boot floppies. It booted up and loaded root.bin without incident but
dbootstrap gave me a solid white screen with a blinking cursor in the
upper left corner. Hitting return caused the cursor to move down the
screen so this does not appear to be a case of 'white on white'
colors. I tried each of the following boot arguments but the symptoms
were the same.

linux floppy=thinkpad
linux floppy=thinkpad,mono

Can anyone suggest a workaround for this?

I had previously booted successfully into dbootstrap with the reiserfs
boot floppies and this problem did not exist.

-- Mark