Re: bf2.4 dbootstrap white screen of death

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 05:45:07PM +0100, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> #include <hallo.h>
> Mark Zimmerman wrote on Fri Feb 08, 2002 um 08:39:07AM:
> > Greetings:
> >
> > I tried out a new installation on an IBM Thinkpad 560X with the bf2.4
>
> Which kind of VGA chipset is used there? Anyways, if you come to the
> floppy change prompt, framebuffer is allready working for you.

Can I find out the VGA chipset from dmesg or something? Anyhow, video
seems to work fine except for dbootstrap. I switched to the second VT
and got the prompt and was able to do a 'ps ax' which showed
dbootstrap running. I was hoping to be able to pass dbootstrap an
argument that would make it all better.

> > linux floppy=thinkpad
> > linux floppy=thinkpad,mono
> >
> > Can anyone suggest a workaround for this?
>
> Please try with "video=vga16:off" and report the result.

Actually, I believe that I did try this one also, with the same
effects; I just forgot to mention it. I will doublecheck it this
evening.

-- Mark