Re: Disabling vga16 in the boot config

On Sun, 2002-01-20 at 12:07, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> I've got an impression that it will be a disaster on most
> Japanese setups.

Yes, that's what I suspected.  However, I don't really know what the
best thing to do about it is.

One option would be to make sure that "locales" is installed as part of
base, have boot-floppies create /etc/locale.gen and run locale-gen
immediately after base is installed (prior to reboot), and do some magic
to make sure that an appropriate console font gets loaded before
base-config runs.

None of this seems very hard to arrange.  Do you think it would make
things work any better?

p.