Re: URGENT! Install Base System via network: settings wrong

>Just to reiterate: I believe the problem was that the http connection
>process used to download the base system from the internet is broken
>under woody. The system could not even hit our proxy server, never mind
>connect to ftp.uk.debian.com

It seems to work for most people.  Are you sure you had your network configured right, including name servers, default gateways and all that kind of stuff?

I think someone who is actually experiencing this problem will need to do a bit
of debugging for us to make any headway with it.

p.