Re: URGENT! Install Base System via network: settings wrong

Chris,

   I just saw the e-mails in this subject, and I'd like to add
that deleting the file may not be enough.  From my experience
(reported to debian-testing mailing list;  see there for a detailed
description), erasing the file may not be enough.
   I tried several things, including manually erasing the file,
but the same ``Malformed Release..'' message appears.
In addition, I tried to install from the very beginning, including
formatting the partition, but still the same message occured.
After I re-formatted the partition, the installation went on smooth
until that ``Malformed'' stage, but again I received the error message.
   A guy on the debian-testing mailing list suggested (from his experience)
that I manually edit the sources.list file, as it worked for him.
I didn't (yet?) tried this myself.

   I e-mail this, just to warn that deleting the file may not be enough,
and the problem may lie somewhere deeper.  Is there any version to test
newer than 3.0.18?

Please cc me on any reply; I'm not subscripted on this list.

	-- Ariel.

---
Ariel Tankus
School of Computer Science