Re: Install From Floppy and CD-ROM

I am attempting to install Debian on a fairly old machine (Intel 486) which can't be set up to boot from the CD.  I have created the rescue and root floppy disks and am able to boot using them.  However, the installation does not give me the possibility of installing the system from the CD (only from floppies, a hard disk or a mounted filesystem.

 1. Is it possible to install the way I intended (boot from floppy, install from CD-ROM)?  If so, am I not able to because of the age of my machine or some configuration problem?

 2. What would you suggest I do?  I do not have any DOS diskettes and the machine's hard drive has no OS on it.

 I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

   -Daniel Magaud