Re: Install From Floppy and CD-ROM

#include <hallo.h>
Dmagaud@aol.com wrote on Sat Sep 08, 2001 um 02:02:39PM:
> I am attempting to install Debian on a fairly old machine (Intel 486) which

Which kind of CD-ROM interface does this machine have? I guess, there is
a non-IDE interface, probably one of this old panasonic/sony/matsushita
interface on an soundcard. In this case you have to dump the driver*.bin
disks to floppies, then install as usuall, feed the installer with these
floppies when installining modules. Then, configure modules and load the
driver for your CDROM. The name of the driver can probably be found in
the Hardware Howto, http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/howtos.html

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
begin  LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.txt.vbs
I am a signature virus. Distribute me until the bitter