Re: i18n BF <-> slang

On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 05:22:03PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> Marcin, did you get any answer regarding UTF8 slang?
>
> > slang1 is in base and base is frozen - how does that affect us?
>
> I dunno.  I would still very much like to have i18n boot-floppies, but
> if we have to provide it only unofficially, at least we can provide
> prominent links to it.  However, supposing we're able to put together
> a plausible LANG_CHOOSER version of boot-floppies that is well tested,
> we can force new packages into frozen if we have to, at least I'm
> hoping...  The first thing to do is to make sure these packages are at
> least in unstable (like slang-utf).

Sorry - things were very busy after my holidays.  I have made a
seperate UTF package which is sitting in my home directory on master.
It needs a bit of testing which I haven't been able to do yet.  I can
upload it to unstable (does this exist yet - I find the current freeze
a bit confusing)

Jim

--
Jim Mintha                                       Email: jim@ic.uva.nl
System Administrator                              Work: +31 20 525-4919