i18n BF <-> slang

Hi!

When fighting with LC today I discovered that if I "cat" the
translated release notes files in bterm, all fonts look OK.

This reminded me that the problems with UTF8 dbootstrap
currently has are caused by the fact that it is linked against
ordinary newt and slang, not -utf versions of those.

As for newt, there exists a separate -utf version, so
conditional linking against it shouldn't be a problem.

However UTF support was removed from slang because it caused
problems with some programs, and there is currently no
slang1-utf in the archive.

Some questions, then:

Jim, do you plan to make such -utf package? If not, is anyone
willing to make one? (I have never packaged a library so far...)

slang1 is in base and base is frozen - how does that affect us?

Marcin
--
Marcin Owsiany <marcin@debian.org>              http://marcin.owsiany.pl/
GnuPG: 1024D/60F41216  FE67 DA2D 0ACA FC5E 3F75  D6F6 3A0D 8AA0 60F4 1216