Re: Great but...

On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 08:40:33PM -0700, David Kimdon wrote:
> This problem will be solved by the basedebs.tgz work that is currently being
> implemented.  Once that is working we'll be able to install the bases system
> with a number of floppys.  I'm not sure where it stands at the moment, a search
> or this list archive would give you a better idea.  It is definitely in
> development still, so depending on how much you are ready to tackle, beware.

its working in cvs now, i have tested basedebs.tgz but not floppies
(my computer does not have a floppy drive).

if someone could please test the floppy method i would appreciate it.

basedebs.tgz and floppy images (updated daily) are available at:

http://penguinppc.org/~eb/debian/$arch/

$arch is one of powerpc, sparc, m68k, and i386, fire off an email to
me if you want an additional arch added.

floppy images are in the images-1.44 subdirectory.

you of course have to build a current cvs version of boot-floppies,
3.0.7 won't work.  i have a powermac build available at the above uri.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/