Great but...

Hi,

I am interested in becomming a Debian developer/maintainer and thought a
good starting point would be to instlal the current testing
distribution. Thus I downloaded the disks directory created my floppies
and off I went. Everything worked great until it was time to install the
base system. I did not have the option to configure my modem and pull
the packages of the web. Did I miss this somewhere along the line? It
appeared that it was assumed that the system was somehow connected to
the web (through LAN most likely).

I'll have to think of a new strategy.

Are there any plans to let user's configure their modem prior to
installing the base system? This would be perfect.

Thanks,
Robert

--
Robert Schweikert                      MAY THE SOURCE BE WITH YOU
rjschwei@mindspring.com                         LINUX