Re: 2.2r3 and boot-floppies

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 02:04:53PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> Under what conditions does this happen?

AFAIK (based on ramblings from benh on #mklinux) it seems to affect
the recent iMac keyboards.  for some reason the kernel decides that
the arrow key is sysrq so stops functioning as an arrow key.  you
might ask him about it maybe he fixed it.

> -I-, in my occasional role as a kernel hacker, use it constantly.  I

i meant paulus and benh who have thier grubby hands on the kernel
source every day who seem to break this thing over and over again :P

> can build new kernels without it if necessary, though.

the thing that worrys me is if we leave it in we will be stuck with 6
months of daily questions `why doesn't my arrow key werk!!' ...

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/