Re: 2.2r3 and boot-floppies

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 03:07:01PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 04:32:27PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.infodrom.north.de> writes:
> >
> > > is *anything* missing for 2.2r3 wrt. boot-floppies?
> >
> > Not sure I understand the question -- I guess not as far as I know,
> > but I'm not the one who is finding security issues in base packages or
> > kernels.
> >
> > I don't think all ports have rebuilt yet.  PowerPC seems to have
> > serious kernel troubles.
>
> its a misconfiguration, sysrq is turned on and this happens to break
> the arrow keys on some keyboards.  sysrq needs to stay off on powerpc
> for the timebeing, none of the powerpc kernel hackers use it so its
> almost invariably broken.

Under what conditions does this happen?

-I-, in my occasional role as a kernel hacker, use it constantly.  I
can build new kernels without it if necessary, though.

> the other issue is the boot-floppies are broken since the root disk
> prompt won't accept enter (or anything) to continue.

Working on it.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
Monta Vista Software                              Debian Security Team