Re: 2.2r3 and boot-floppies

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 04:32:27PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.infodrom.north.de> writes:
>
> > is *anything* missing for 2.2r3 wrt. boot-floppies?
>
> Not sure I understand the question -- I guess not as far as I know,
> but I'm not the one who is finding security issues in base packages or
> kernels.
>
> I don't think all ports have rebuilt yet.  PowerPC seems to have
> serious kernel troubles.

its a misconfiguration, sysrq is turned on and this happens to break
the arrow keys on some keyboards.  sysrq needs to stay off on powerpc
for the timebeing, none of the powerpc kernel hackers use it so its
almost invariably broken.

the other issue is the boot-floppies are broken since the root disk
prompt won't accept enter (or anything) to continue.

> Do I need to think about another potato update for 2.2.19 kernels?

IMO shipping a pre kernel when the real one is out is somewhat tacky
at the least...

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/