Re: Boot disks to get to cdrom.

On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 07:30:48PM -0400, Ted Gervais wrote:

> Can someone tell me how and where I can make up boot disks to get my system
> to see the cdrom and the cdrom iso image I have there.
>
> My computer can not boot to the cdrom so I am stuck. There must be a way with
> boot disks..

If you don't have any floppy device, but do have a NIC, you can use a
bootloader, like etherboot or GRUB, to boot via the network. There is no
difference : you boot the kernel used for the install, and the initrd.

--
Thierry LARONDE, Centre de Ressources Informatiques, Archamps - France
http://www.cri74.org