Re: AppleScript debian floppy maker script

this is more appropriate for debian-devel or debian-mentor

On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 01:02:48AM -0600, Elizabeth Barham wrote:
> Chris Tillman <toff@azstarnet.com> writes:
> > A few months ago I put together a Debian floppy-maker script for usage
> > on powerpc. The script depends on the MacOS-provided Applescript
> > 'shell' and the scriptable Disk Copy program. The point was made
> > before, that since these MacOS programs are not free (they come with
> > all MacOS distributions), a script depending on them would not be
> > Debian-distributable.
>
> If, for example, you wrote a GPL program for AIX that relied upon
> their version of cc, I don't see how anyone could object: "IBM's
> version of cc isn't GPL'd!"

the issue is more of: though the floppy-maker script is GPL'd, and DFSG
compliant, it _requires_(depends upon) something that fails the DFSG.
thus, it would have to go into contrib, and cannot be a part of Debian
proper.

-john