Re: [patch] Updated brazilian portuguese (pt_BR) dbootstrap's pt.po

>1) I'll copy the original pt.po from CVS (without
>any modification) to pt.po.cvs and use make update-pt to let the
>original pt.po is up-to-date.

I don't think this is really the right way to go.
All you need to do is:

1. check out the tree
2. make update-po
3. hack on the files
4. cvs update, watch carefully for conflict messages
5. cvs diff -u

The last two need to be done in fairly quick succession.  The longer the time
between them, the more chance that someone else will have checked in a
conflicting patch in the meantime and this will make life miserable for whoever
has to apply your changes.  This is also the reason that your plan of just
archiving off the original code from CVS doesn't work; as soon as anybody
else runs update-po or whatever, the file you are diffing against will no
longer match what's in the repository.

If CVS reports conflicts at stage 4, you need to resolve them yourself by
editing the file appropriately.

p.