Installation report on i386 using udma100-ext3 boot-floppies

Hi,

I've just tried to install on i386 (Pentium 166 MMX, 64MB RAM, 2GB
harddisk).

i18n seems to be working fine :-) The welcome screen is lacking accents
on all words which might be using it. I didn't translated it myself
so I'll give a try later.

Picked a language, configured the keyboard, partitioned the harddisk
using ext3 for 2 partitions and created a swap partition. All went fine.

Went to install modules and to download them from network (nice that it
told me I have no network configured and give me a chance to configure
my network). The modules were downloaded (rescue.bin and drivers.tgz)
and the installer goes back to the language selection screen. The modules
were downloaded from the default location which was given by the installer
screen, which is http.us.debian.org.

So from the language selection screen I repeated all the steps above and
downloaded the modules again. One more time, installer goes back to the
language selection screen. I just jumped all the other steps and now the
installer is installing the base system. I'll try to report the
conclusion of my tests later when the installer finishes downloading the
base-system.

I'm using Adam's disks (rescue.bin and root.bin) which I got from
http://people.debian.org/~aph/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/3.0.18-2001-12-18/images-1.44/udma100-ext3/ .

--
André Luís Lopes
Utah Linuxcenter