Re: Flashing screen with cvs bootdisks

#include <hallo.h>
John H. Robinson, IV wrote on Fri Nov 30, 2001 um 12:38:22PM:
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 07:41:51PM +0000, Philip Blundell wrote:
> >
> > Are you running on a machine with fbcon enabled?  (If you see a penguin on the screen during bootup, you have fbcon.)
> >
> > Do the vanilla or reiserfs flavours work any better?
>
> i tried with reiserfs, and i get the flashing also.
>
> i386, reiserfs flavour, console and serial.

Is not there any way to work around without using this UTF8 console
stuff? Sorry, I did not work on BFs for some time, now I tried the
current snaphost and was scared! The boxes have no borders, when using
de language, the rest of lines is cut away when a non-ASCII character
appears. Looks ugly. Who implemented this? Porridge? IMHO the stuff is
nothing but unstable, and not suitable for Woody. If I were you, I would
invest the manpower into better configuration methods (i.e. Lilo setup
which is hated by newbies) instead of trying to mary dbootstrap with
more i18n than we allready had.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
 Windows is great, I used it to download Linux.
   -- Seen on Slashdot (14.01.2000)