Flashing screen with cvs bootdisks

I build i386 bootdisks from current cvs and tried the idepci floppies
for an install. After booting and inserting the root floppy I get a blue
screen then its cleared to black again then blue ...

Switching to another console doesn't help, same effect there. Switching to
console 3 for error messages doesn't help eiter, as these are immediately
ovewritten by the blue.

Any suggestions how to debug this? It appears that dbootstrap immediately
dies and is restarted by init but I can't even see if there are meaningful
error messages there.

Nils

--
                                     ______