Re: bug: cdimage.debian.org should warn against downloading with an ISDN connection

On Mon 26 Nov, Richard Atterer wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 10:12:53PM +0000, Philip Blundell wrote:
> > Internal ISDN cards need a pile of modules, plus some supporting
> > user-space stuff. I don't think there is any hope of adding this to
> > the woody boot-floppies at this stage in the game,
>
> Hm, OK - so I think the cdimage website will advise people that only
> the option of downloading a minimal bootable CD image is available to
> ISDN users, not that of installing from floppy discs.

You need to be careful with the use of the term 'ISDN' as this refers to the
connection not the computer interface, which is the bit that may cause
boot-floppies problems if you have anunsupported sort. i.e. it is only
internal ISDN adaptors that cause problems, not extrnal ones that use a
serial or ethernet interface - they look just like modems or routers
respectively and work fine. I have a serial extrernal ISDN TA here and it
work OK with bootfloppies.

So the website should say that people with internal ISDN adaptors can't do a
network install, but those with extranl ISDN TAs can.

Wookey