Re: installing

"ivo jorris graad.p" <blebebxq@ma.neweb.ne.jp> writes:

> I bought a set of Debian 2.2r3. there are 3 source cds, 3 binary alpha
> cds and 3 binary i386 cds.
> I want to install Debian into DEC Personal Workstation 600a, I've upgrade
> the bios and now I'm using SRM console.
> I want to ask how to install Debian into my workstastion? I've read your
> site about installing Debian for alpha, but I still can't understand how to
> make bootdisk and what is the purpose of source cd, binary alpha cd, binary
> i386 cd??
> Please tell what should I write to boot from CD-ROM by SRM console.

You need to find out the SRM device name with "show dev". Then type
'boot xxx -fl 0' where xxx is your CD-ROM device.

If this doesn't work, you might also want to try the upcoming woody
boot disks from ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-alpha/current,
where a README.txt also explains how to create boot floppies.

        Falk