Re: boot-floppies 3.0.15

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 03:27:13PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 04:48:55PM -0500, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
>
> > But since boot-floppies build depend on debootstrap, they might as well
> > build-depend on the version we need for building (even though for building
> > it might not acutally need that version _installed_). Would have made me
> > build debootstrap first at least, which was not a big deal.
>
> why?
>
> the version of debootstrap that is installed does nothing for
> boot-floppies build process, all its needed for is to borrow its wget
> based package downloader.  we do NOT need any specific version for
> that to work.
If the Build-Depends ensure that I have the version of debootstrap
installed, which is needed later on for the boot-floppies, the chances are
much better that this version actually exists for my arch and will be used
in the build, no?
I know its not needed, I know its not needed, I know its not needed. I just
like to have the right packages available _before_ I start building since an
m68k build takes about a day. And maybe you know how much noice a 12 year
old computer makes when it is standing 3m from your bed...

Or did you want to say we do not need a certain version of debootstrap in
the build at all?

Christian