Re: ftp, dbootstrap, busybox wget, status bar

On Fri Oct 12, 2001 at 06:16:09PM -0700, Randolph Chung wrote:
> > The remaining issue is user experience.  At the moment busybox wget
> > isn't configured to give us a status bar (that costs ~2k).  Even if we
> > add the status bar it will be under a fullscreen_execlog, (black
> > screen with just the wget output) unless we want to munge wget output
> > into pretty dbootstrap GUI progress bar etc.
>
> that sounds like it'll make the downloading process very
> unprofessional-looking. are we really so short on space? can we just rip
> out the existing http-fetch code if it's too large and plug in code from
> busybox wget?

An excellent idea.  I can turn busybox wget off, and then we can update the
existing http-fetch code to incorporate the busybox wget code -- modified to
draw and update the existing libnewt based http-fetch progress meter.  If it
makes anyone feel better, you have my full support.  That will allow the
http-fetch code to directly support both http and ftp.

The only downside is forking the busybox code.  I'm not too worried though.
That part of the code is well known and works great, so I don't see this as a
major problem...

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen@codepoet-consulting.com