Re: does grab_paths need root?

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 06:46:09PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> I don't know, that's quite a conundrum.
apt-get install dict
Ah.

> I would think that it should not be required to download as root.  We
> should be creating those download directories as a user rather than
> root.  YOu are the only one hitting this problem because I guess m68k
> is the only (?) arch downloading stuff in release.sh (?).
Yes, I think so. And only because I removed a hack and implemented it nicely
:-(

> Anyhow, that would be the proper fix ...  Allow user to download.
Make it so! But is it worth it spending lots of time on it with the
boot-floppies retiring soon? I wont do it in 5 minutes (and I can live with
building as root. Had to start again, my machine crashed...).
If I wanted some big improvement, it would be building the docs. That part
uses most of the building time here.

Christian