Re: Tip for install manual? (Re: [PLUG] Debian Linux on a SunBlade 100)

karlheg@microsharp.com (Karl M. Hegbloom) writes:

>  The Woody installer works great!  I've used it twice now.  Great job.
>
>  I'm very curious about the "debian-installer" and what it's status
>  is...  I'll grep the archives and look the sources over when I find
>  some time for that.  :-)

debian-installer, a more modularized, debconf, mini-dpkg type system
(udpkg) is what we're going to be going for in the release after woody
(whatever it's name is).  Boot-floppies will be put to rest, after
about 5 years (?  my CVS changelog goes back to 1997/11/06) of loyal
service.