Re: Booting/Install Problems

#include <hallo.h>
Delave Harlow wrote on Thu Aug 23, 2001 um 03:59:16AM:

> The drive is an ATA100 WDC (30GB) and the mobo is an ASUS A7V133/SWA.  The
> drive is totally bare.  No partitions or anything.  CPU: AMD Athlon. 512MB
> of PC133 SDRAM.

Oh, oh, I see many such messages coming on debian-user when Woody has
been released... The 2.2.x kernel has an obsolete driver for VIA
chipsets which doesn't work with newer chipsets correctly. I am
preparing a set of floppies with updated IDE driver, you may have more
luck with them.

http://people.debian.org/~blade/bf-ext3/udma100-3.0.13cvs/

If you are going to install Potato, don't use the "root" disk from this
set (it is for woody only) and use the similar "root" floppy from your
potato CD instead. It is somewhere in
.../debian/dists/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/...

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.