Booting/Install Problems

All,

I am not subscribed to this list, so please respond to this address.

As much as I've RTFMed my brains out, my Debian 2.2r3 CD-ROMs can't seem to find my hard drive. The message I get is:

VP_IDE: IDE Controller on PCI bus 00 dev 1
VP_IDE: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later
ide0 BM-DMA: at 0xd800-0x807, BIOS Settings: hda: pio, hdb: pio
ide1 BM-DMA: at 0xd800-0x80f, BIOS Settings: hdc: DMA, hdd: pio
hda: no response (status = 0xa1), resetting drive
hda: no response (status = 0xa1)
hdb: no response (status = 0xa1), resetting drive
hdb: no response (status = 0xa1)
hdc: CDU5211, ATAPI CD-ROM Drive

The installer then tries to guide me through an installation for a diskless workstation.

The drive is an ATA100 WDC (30GB) and the mobo is an ASUS A7V133/SWA. The drive is totally bare. No partitions or anything. CPU: AMD Athlon. 512MB of PC133 SDRAM.

I'm hoping at least some of this makes sense.  Many, many thanks.

/DH
Oakland, Calif.