Re: ext3 - support

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 09:35:29AM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> #include <hallo.h>
> Russell Hires wrote on Thu Aug 16, 2001 um 10:02:33PM:
> > Does this mean that when it's time for the install the the
> > user/admin/installer will have a choice of reiserfs vs ext3 (or some other
> > fs)?
>
> Sure, when we have kernel-image which support both, you can use sth.
> like flavor=reiserfs-ext3-xfs to active them. Unfortunately, the current

is xfs support in b-f?  it looks like all these changes have made it
fairly simple to add new filesystems, so xfs should be easy.

> ext3 patch for kernel 2.2.x clashes with ReiserFS, so no support unless
> it is fixed. But since 2.2.x series will end, sooner or later, it's
> better to take 2.4.x kernels where the support is up-to-date. (*) OTOH,
> Woody+1 won't have current dbootstrap, so then everything would change
> though.
>
> My personal BFs use 2.4.x. The ReiserFS-question in the user interaction
> needs to be modified a bit, only cosmetical changes.

one question, do these patches patch debootstrap to include the
relevant filesystem's -progs package?  eg xfsprogs, reiserfsprogs
etc.  if not the first boot may fail miserably when the fsck wrapper
can't find /sbin/fsck.{xfs,reiserfs}  (in xfs' case its a copy of
/bin/true, i don't know about reiser).

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/