Harddrive Install Problem

Hi, I want to install GNU/Debian on my laptop which has no CDROM available and I have encountered a problem with the install.

The method I want to use is to install from my current Windows Partition. I have the proper drivers.tgz, base2_2.tgz, loadlin.exe and root.bin on the root directory of the Windows Partition and have my Debian Partition already set aside.

When I get to the point of installing drivers.tgz the installer tries to look for the file 'images-1.44/drivers.tgz' and it cannot find it.

I have tried creating a directory under windows called images-1.44 and it didnt work... I also opened a shell from the installer and tried making the directory in /mnt and instmnt and copying the files to this but when I do this and exit the shell the installer complains about root being changed and it overwrites the changes ive made to root.

I have tried running the install from a floppy disk and my system doesnt want to boot it (external or internal floppy) this way. :o[

Is there a fix for this situation ???

Douglas C
noley_trd@hotmail.com
cc: chexsum@excite.com